Saturday, October 5, 2013

It Was a Great Day

I participated in a guild workshop and all I came home with was this block...and I met lots of other women that enjoy quilting. What could be better?

We had demonstrations on different techniques for making hsts, flying geese and also machine applique. I have not attempted machine applique before but I think I just might try it out. I took my Singer 301 with me and it is straight stitch only so I didn't make an applique block. Instead I did do a lot of chatting and hopefully I have made some new friends and in particular, new friends that understand my quilting obsession!

The ladies put on a great workshop and I do hope that they have more of them because I would definitely participate again.

3 comments:

Deb A said...

Nice block. It sounds like you had a wonderful day and made some new friends. I'm glad the guild is working out for you.

Kelli said...

I love a churn dash, sounds like the perfect day. :)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

So glad you enjoyed your day! Hope you picked up some great tips for doing machine applique! Love sis