Friday, October 4, 2013

Getting Excited!


Tomorrow I am participating in a day long mini retreat with other new guild members. I am so looking forward to it but I am also a little nervous because I am not too sure what to expect.  Some of the instructions seem a little vague to me.....bring .5 meter of a cream fabric...check....also bring some coordinating fabrics that can be used in one project. I am not too sure how much or how many???? The instructions state that Northcott has donated some natural Stonehenge fabrics in rusts, green, etc. This is what I picked to bring with me.....


I wanted to take a smaller, lightweight machine with me so I had to dig out my Singer 301. I have not used it in months so I oiled it, cleaned it, and I also tested it.

While I was sewing these qst blocks into a row, my husband made me a board with rubber feet for the machine to sit on so I could use the extension table from my Janome. Just perfect!


I made this quilt top for my niece several months ago and my sister Glenda took it to Winnipeg so my niece Amanda could pick out her backing fabric. She didn't find what she was looking for but she did decide that she would like another row added to the width. Since I made this top using the 301 it was perfect to test out the machine by adding the extra row. I had many leftover qst blocks so I already had a very good head start.

When I sewed them to the quilt top I didn't use pins and I still managed to match almost all of the points. This quilt top is going back on the shelf awaiting the backing selection. I hope she finds the right one soon!

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely quilt--so many pretty blues julierose

Deb A said...

Have fun! I have a FQ bundle of the Stonehenge fabrics in my closet.

audrey said...

Good luck at your retreat! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for you. Great quilt top--love the scrappiness!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You know you'll have a blast!

Jane said...

Hope you enjoyed the day-hope the guild holds more of these!
Jane & Fran (Outreach)