Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Deprived No More!


I haven't spent too much time in my sewing room over the past few days and I feel like I have been somewhat deprived! I have decided that I am going to spend most of my day today playing around making more winding ways blocks and also getting some scraps cut.

I have already sewn the center sections of about 13 blocks together and I have found that it is better to sew over that little seam a couple times. The seam is just so short that if I only sew it once then it comes apart very easily.

I have also pinned the corner sections of quite a few blocks and have now started to sew them together. I plan to chain stitch these blocks together and I think that will help me to complete them fairly quickly.

I also have plans to make at least one quilt using 2" x 3.5" rectangles so I have started cutting my scraps to size to add to my rectangle bin. It will be a very scrappy quilt and I do need to have a lot of variety so after I cut my scraps I will probably start cutting into 2" and 3.5" strips from my strip bins.

3 comments:

Deb A said...

Have fun sewing! I've been deprived since Saturday night and am getting cranky...... I need to sew. 8:07AM you can bet I'll be in my sewing room tomorrow once kids are dropped to school.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow! Looks like you are making great progress!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Sew glad your back in your sewing room! Its much more fun than doing the other chores around the house. Love sis