Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dear Jane - Rayelle's Fence (C-3)


This block was such a simple and straightforward block to make. I didn't need to make any templates and it was just basic straight line sewing. I sewed it in sections - first I made the four patches and then the rectangles. I pieced the sections together and then sewed it in rows just like I would normally do a 9 patch by machine. No curves, no inset seams, no applique - just wham, bam, thank you ma'am and it was done!

I think it turned out pretty darn cute!

7 comments:

audrey said...

It is cute. Nice that there's some easy ones to offset all the challenging ones!

Deb A said...

Love it! So nice when you get a easy one to play with.

Linda said...

Nice to have an easy one. Looks great!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You find the cutest fabrics to do your DJs.

Manuela said...

Beautiful.

Greetings, Manuela

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Very cute in the little red star fabric. Love sis

soscrappy said...

It did turn out pretty darn cute. The easy ones help us all keep going. If they were all difficult we could be crazy by the end.