Monday, September 23, 2013

Winding Ways Blocks

I had a very early morning today because for whatever reason I woke up 3 am. I tried to fall back to sleep but when 4:30 rolled around I just gave up and decided to do some sewing.

I have a whole basket of pink and brown winding ways block pieces all cut and ready to be sewn together and they have been calling my name - maybe that was what woke me up! Even though I have a couple other projects in progress I decided to make some blocks anyway. These blocks are a bit fussy to sew together so I figure if I do a couple here and there then eventually I will have enough made for a whole quilt.

8 comments:

Terry said...

I love those blocks! They're on my someday list! :0)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your winding ways blocks look wonderful! Love the pink and brown. Love sis

Julierose said...

Lovely blocks! I like those pale pinks and the browns...julierose

audrey said...

These are definitely on my list to make some day. Are you sewing them by hand or machine?

Cathy Tomm said...

Yes if you can not sleep you can sew. Great looking blocks.

Deb A said...

Beautiful job! Lets hope they don't keep calling to you at 3AM.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love that pattern and your fabrics look great. That is a great way to piece doing one or two blocks here or there. Before you know it you will have enough for a quilt. Are you hand piecing them?

Michelle said...

Love them Ellen.....!!
I have always wanted to make one of those........maybe I could just tackle a cushion.