Saturday, September 28, 2013

Scrap Happy Saturday

This morning I made another 5 blue string blocks that will become part of my nephew Mark's quilt. If I can add correctly, that should put me at 47 string blocks that will finish at 8" plus one that is 8.25 x 8.5. Sure wish I had not cut that one incorrectly but then stuff does happen! I am linking up with soscrappy's Scrap Happy Saturday - pop on over to check out the rest of the links. You just may be inspired to work with some of your scraps too.

I had planned on making more blocks but my sewing room is such a mess that it is hard to function. I guess that is what happens when you have multiple projects in-progress so I really need to spend time today cleaning up. Ever since I purchased the long-arm my sewing space has decreased to just a very small area and space is at a premium for sewing/cutting/ironing. I am feeling quite cramped. I cannot wait til my husband gets that darn basement finished so I can move the long-arm down there and have a bit of breathing room in my sewing room. He is getting closer - all of the drywall is up and today he is working on replacing the windows. I think I will soon be spending less time sewing and a lot of time taping and mudding walls!

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Beautiful strippy blocks in those blues...this will be a stunner of a quilt, I thik hugs, Julierose

Cathy Tomm said...

Great Blue strings. It will be a great quilt.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really love the blue string blocks! They will make an amazing quilt. Love sis