Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dear Jane - Starflower (B-12)


Wow, I can't believe that I am almost finished piecing the second row of this quilt. It is a slow journey but that is just fine by me - I don't need to be in a rush to finish every quilt.

 When I first looked at this block I really was torn between two options for completing it. I could see doing applique or just hand piecing and hand piecing finally won the tug of war.

before pressing - ugh!
This is a lesson on not what to do....I didn't press as I was sewing and I am sure I would have had a better result had I pressed but it is all good. Once this quilt gets washed all of the little inconsistencies will disappear and it will just end up being a gorgeous hand pieced/appliqued quilt!

I am linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday hosted by Kathy's Quilts. Drop on by to see more links to other hand made items.

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

Beautiful block! I admire your hand piecing persistence on this one -- curves are so tricky.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a really challenging block with any technique. You did a great job! Thanks for linking up!

Linda said...

Looks great! I will remember your hint about pressing when I get to this one.

Cathy said...

Well, this quilt is NOT on my to do list. I'm afraid all my blocks would be wonky. I admire anyone who gives it a try. I've seen such lovely blocks out there in blog land and see what work goes into each one.

audrey said...

So true that we don't have to be in a rush to finish every project. I've looked and looked at this project and I greatly admire you for attempting it! I'm sure it will all come together wonderfully in the end.:)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Good job! I love the Dear Jane quilt but it is not for me. This quilt seems more than I can handle but I am so happy that you are doing it Ellen. You have put in so much effort into each block, I know it will be beautiful! Love sis

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful block Ellen!
I think it's wonderful that you chose to hand stitch this one!

Deb A said...

Looks great to me! Once in the whole quilt it will be amazing!