Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Building Blocks

I have been working on my sister Kathlene's quilt by sewing segments within each block together and most of the time I have done it quite well. There are certainly other times when I have done this....
Oopsie...the one on the right just isn't right!
I got the triangle in a square pointing in the wrong direction...it seems to be a common occurrence with me!

While I was sewing today, my sister Cheryl called me and we were discussing my progress on this quilt and she asked me if I had sewn any blocks together completely other than my test block. I really had been planning on waiting and sewing all of the blocks together all at once but she got me thinking about just putting a few together to see how they would look. So after I did some more piecing I ended up with these sections

and I just needed to add some of these sections
along with a purple center square and I ended up with this.

I didn't want to make too many - just enough to see how they will all look together. I think I am in love!!



4 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

that is going to be a GORGEOUS quilt!

Deb A said...

I LOVE it! Any chance I can be adopted and be your sister? She is going to love it.... and if for some reason she doesn't you can send it to me!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my....this is gorgeous! Great idea to see how it's going to come together before you complete all the blocks.

Grit said...

This is amazing. Looks so fantastic.