Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blue Scraps

 
Today I worked on making eight more blue string blocks for my nephew Mark's quilt. I don't really have a plan yet other than it might have blue and green string blocks of some kind in it. The colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month is light blue and I don't really have much to work with. I hope no one minds but because I do have a lot of blue scraps of every shade that I will work on using more of those up this month instead. These new eight blocks will be added to these 25 that I had made previously. I am linking up with other challenge participants at soscrappy's. Hop on over and check out the other links.

I had planned on doing some sewing yesterday but I didn't get home from Toronto until around 9 pm and I was beat. As I was driving home I just kept thinking about how the younger group were really just getting ready to go out for the evening while I was thinking about just getting home and being in bed by 10 pm!

Even though I didn't get my planned sewing done I still did spend some quilty time with fabric and I did not come home empty handed. My sister Cheryl and I tag teamed and got these winding ways pieces cut just before I had to leave. I have enough pieces in this basket to make 90 blocks. It doesn't look like much does it?

8 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your blue string blocks look great! I will probably do the same as you and include other shades of blue along with the pale ones.

katie z. said...

I'm looking forward to saying, "I used all my light blue scraps!"

Deb A said...

I too will probably be adding some other shades in this month too - heck I may quilt that blue/cream log cabin this month. That would count, right?
Great string blocks.

Grit said...

Your blue scraps are so wonderful together.

Sarah said...

Stunning!

Julierose said...

love those blue strings--very pretty...Hugs, Julierose

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I love those blue string blocks too! Way to go in using up your scraps. Love sis

Sheila said...

AWESOME blue string blocks!