Wednesday, August 14, 2013
'Shoot for the Stars'
This quilt was made with scraps of red fabric that I took from my crumb and string bins. I turned those bits and pieces into 3.5" squares and they became part of the larger nine patches. I save even the smallest pieces of scraps and I am very happy when I am able to use them up in a quilt. I love the little nine patch border and corner stars that I added - I think they add a lot of interest to this quilt. Shoot for the Stars finished at approx 75" x 88" and I quilted it with a shooting star pantograph and used a neutral thread.
My nephew has a wonderful future ahead of him and I hope he does shoot for the stars!