Saturday, August 10, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Red

I can't believe that this is the second Saturday in August already. I didn't have anything to post for the RSC last week but I have made up for that this week.

I made four more red nine patch blocks and my collection is now complete. I need to start thinking about how I am going to set them and turn them into a finished quilt.

I also made some little basket blocks in red and in teal. I had started the teal blocks last month but just didn't get them done until this week. I have added these new blocks to my growing collection which honestly doesn't look like much. I have been making these blocks in every colour for the RSC but since they only finish at 4", they just don't appear to add up to anything at all.

I took a photo of all of my basket blocks in the little basket that I store them in and then I took them out to get a tally - there are 121 in total. I am surprised I have made so many - I guess they really do add up. It is probably time that I think about how I am going to put them to use as well!









I am linking up with other participants in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You can check out all of the links at soscrappy's blog.

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful red blocks! I think we all are thinking about how we're going to pull all our rainbow blocks together.
I didn't realize your sweet basket blocks were so small. So cute.

Julierose said...

Very lovely nine patches--I didn't make anything last week either what with my being sick! I also really like your baskets--hugs, Julierose

katie z. said...

The basket blocks are quite nice.

Terri said...

Sweet little baskets. I like to work on a small scale, too. (Large blocks seem "loud" to me.) 121 is 11 rows of 11. At 4 inches finished you'd have a nice baby quilt already... with stripping it could be bigger. Good Job!
Love the squares, too. Can't wait to see what you will do with them.
Hugs

Karen said...

Great red blocks. Very pretty basket blocks.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love your little baskets. I look forward to seeing how you use them!

Cathy Tomm said...

wow Great blocks. Hard to believe 121 so far. Love the little nine patches.

scraphappy said...

Even little blocks add up over time. I love the look of big quilts made from LOTS of little blocks.

Cathy said...

Oh, my! Those little blocks are just darling. I just love the look of small blocks but I can't imagine even being able to see a seam that small let alone sew it together. And, 121 of them? Wow. I'm impressed. What a sweet quilt that will be.

Deb A said...

I forget how small your baskets are in the pictures! Very nice job you are doing on them. Those nine patches with the white centers are always fun to see. Any thoughts on how they will be put together?