Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Midget Block #79 - Diamond Cross


I really enjoyed making this block. I stayed close to the suggested colour scheme and I am pleased with the way it turned out.
That's better!
Alignment oopsie!












I did have a wee bit of unsewing to take care of because I was not careful when I sewed the two center half blocks together and I did not align the sashing at all. I just needed to rip out one small line of sewing and then stitch it back together with a bit more care.

This block used regular piecing for the inner sections and then paper-piecing for the outer edges. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but, somehow I managed to make one white section too short and a blue cornerstone too long.

I didn't notice it until I tried to attach it to the block and it wouldn't fit??/!! How I did that I have no idea! It also was a very easy fix and once I took care of that the outer sections really did fit together perfectly.

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Great block Ellen. I find the ones with piecing and pp tend to make me think more than I'd like. Love the colors you selected.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Very pretty Midget block!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love your little Diamond Cross block. Especially love that red floral fabric that you used. Really pretty! Love sis

scraphappy said...

Such a pretty block. It turned out quite nicely in the end. It is amazing how much each detail counts with such tiny blocks.