Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Boy's Britches Blocks

I had a wonderful day in my sewing room today and one of the things that I worked on were these adorable blocks. I love how they look in teal! I have been making these blocks each month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by Angela of soscrappy. Teal (or all shades that are not quite blue or green) was the colour for last month and I have only just got around to making my blocks but I definitely think they were worth waiting for.

The colour for the month of August is red and I have made a start on getting these blocks made using a variety of red scrappy pieces from my 3.5" strip bins. These blocks do take me a long time to make because they are so fussy. I use a template to cut the pieces and the wonky seams do try my patience but I think I will carry on with them tonight until I have them all done.

I am not sure what colours the next few months will bring to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge but I think I am going to call these done once I finish up with the red ones. I am really looking forward to sewing all of the blocks together into a quilt top and then facing the challenge of figuring out what the heck I am going to do about the borders. Not too sure whether I will just go with plain borders or something with a little more oomph. I think that once the top is together that it will help me make my decision.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the teal little boy britches. Nice collection of reds.
We haven't play with our brown scraps. Or our black scraps. Or gray scraps. I'm expecting to see those colors soon.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I love these boy britches. I cannot wait to see them all together! Love sis

Julierose said...

Oh those teal blocks are just wonderful; I can see why you want to keep on making them...Hugs, Julierose