Tuesday, July 2, 2013

This and That


Total of 22 Priscilla Star points
Today was a quiet day for me - I woke up with my head all stuffy and feeling just a bit out of sorts. I seemed to get better over the day and I did spend a bit of time in my sewing room. I tidied up a bit and I also did some string piecing.
They don't look like much!
I used 8.5 x 11 paper and I filled up 4 sheets. Not a lot made or scraps used but at least I did something. I have cut them into triangle shapes that will be used to make Priscilla Stars and I also cut some 3.5 squares. I have saved all of the leftover scraps and they will be used in crumb blocks. My fabric scraps just keep on giving!

I made 12 - 3.5" squares.
Some scraps were almost big enough for additional star points.
My sister Cheryl is coming to visit tomorrow and she will be spending a couple days with me. The plan is that we are going to quilt 3 quilt tops for her. I hope that we do manage to get them all done before she leaves on Friday. I already gave my husband fair warning that I will not be available to do any cooking and have very simple, easy meals planned that anyone can put together.

I think that tonight I will just hold the couch down and do some more hand quilting on my yellow paisley Seven Sisters quilt. I am feeling really good about the progress I making on it!

3 comments:

laurajane said...

Star points look lovely.Hope you feel better soon as you have a mammoth quilting day ahead.x

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks like great fun to me! :)

Deb A said...

Hope you are feeling better and are having fun with some quilting and sister time! Love your pretty stars in the last post. Blue and yellow are so pretty together.