Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday is Here Again!!!

Another Sunday has arrived and it is just glorious. The sun is out and the temp early this morning was wonderfully cool compared to the recent hot and very humid weather we have been experiencing. I spent a bit of time this morning working on the quilting of my yellow paisley Seven Sisters quilt. I am just past the half-way point and I think it looks wonderful. I have no idea how many stitches I have put into this quilt but I know there are thousands and there are still thousands left to go!

I plan to get back at quilting it some more this evening but in the meantime I started working on prepping another Dear Jane block for hand piecing. It has been what seems like a very long time since I have made a block for this quilt. I am ready to settle into stitching it together while I watch the movie Georgie Girl. I had heard the song before but I didn't know there was a movie to go with it.

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts - Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to see other projects that are being hand made the slow way.

9 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for linking up Ellen! So glad you're enjoying some hand quilting this morning. The air is much better outside today, so I hope to do some hand quilting later outside.

Maggie said...

Can't wait to see how your Dear Jane block turns out!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I sometimes wonder how many stitches go into a hand quilted quilt. I do know, everyone one of them is a joy and together they are wonderous. Have fun stitching today!

Sherry said...

I will be following to see all your great little Dear Jane blocks!

scraphappy said...

What an enjoyable way to spend a Sunday. Prep work seems to be half of the battle with DJ blocks. Seeing yours ready to go makes me anxious to get back to mine. It has been far to long since I finished a block.

libbyquilter said...

your seven sisters is beautiful and i admire anyone brave enough to tackle Dear Jane~!

happy slow sunday stitching
:-)
libbyQ

Deb A said...

Beautiful progress on your quilt. Love that prepped pieces for your DJ. Looking forward to seeing it soon.

Cheryl said...

Good Morning Ellen

Way to go with your hand stitching and can't wait to see another beautiful Dear Jane block completed. Love sis

Cathy said...

Lovely Seven Sisters quilt. I can't imagine hand quilting it all with thousands and thousands of stitches! With no air conditioning in my house I have to wait for cooler days to do any kind of handstitching.