Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gorgeous Quilty Floor Tiles

Yesterday I needed to go to Osgoode Hall for some business (don't worry I wasn't bad - I was there with the Crown) and boy oh boy, I wish I had brought my camera. The floor tiles in the Atrium are just amazing and so is the actual building and grounds. It is a National Historic Site of Canada located in the city of Toronto and it is just fabulous. I don't have any of my own pictures but I took some from their website and from the Internet.







They look like stunning, gorgeous quilts and if you read about the history they mention that the tiles were ordered from the manufacturer's catalogue and then designed by renowned designers. If we had any doubt that we, as quilters, are not artists we are absolutely mistaken. It was so exciting and inspiring to see these tiled floors!

If I ever go to Osgoode Hall again I will certainly make sure I take my camera!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

And here I thought floors like that were only found in old cathedrals in Europe. They are gorgeous!

audrey said...

What a treat! I love it when they deliberately put beauty into a public place.:)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Gorgeous tile floors!
Thank you so much for sharing these inspiring pictures!

Quilter Kathy said...

I think the designers are "quilter-wanna-be"s!
Gorgeous quilts on the floors!

Peg said...

Oh, yes, what a perfect quilt inspiration!