Monday, July 22, 2013
Dear Jane - Water Lily (B-8)
On Sunday, I started the prep work for Block B-8 and I even managed to get it all finished and it turned out really well. I am very happy with my applique pieces and their alignment. As a beginner to the process of applique, I find that accurate alignment can be really challenging. I creased the corners to help with keeping the petals centered and I used a Frixion pen to place a small dot where the point of the petal should go and I did manage to hit it fairly well.
Once I finished hand piecing the block together I added the petals using 'freezer paper on top needle turn' applique. I used wonderful silk thread for the applique and I think it does make a big difference with the stitch quality.
Even the back looks pretty darn good!