Friday, July 12, 2013

Bossy Quilt was Right!

I am so glad that I followed this very bossy quilt's lead. Even though I really wanted to add the sashing, I think it has turned out just adorable without it. Without the sashing the quilt would have been a bit too small so I added another row of blocks to the side and bottom and now the size is fine for a new baby but it will also be more than big enough when she is a toddler too.

My plan is to quilt it today and I am going to try a new free motion design. Angela from soscrappy very kindly sent me these books to help me build my confidence and to learn some new free motion designs.  At this point I am planning to use the double loop pattern shown in the book - Pajama Quilter Reloaded. It isn't a difficult pattern and I think it will look really sweet on a baby quilt.

2 comments:

audrey said...

Oh, Good job! It looks exactly right. Love the movement in this quilt!:)

Quilter Kathy said...

It's so pretty and has so much movement :)