Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blocks are Made

I finished sewing all of the blocks together for the baby quilt and they look so cute!

My next step is going to be a bit harder because I have to make some decisions on what to do about the sashing. I have added strips of fabric between the blocks on my design wall to get a feel for what some of the different options will look like. I will still try to add some of the solid purple to see if I like it as an option but I don't have any cut yet. I will definitely do that before I make any decisions.

Another option is to just sew all of the blocks together without sashing because I think they would make a cute pattern of their own and then add the borders.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I really like the way the look without the sashings. They make a fun secondary pattern with movement to them.

Quilter Kathy said...

Maybe it doesn't want sashing? Some quilts can be so bossy!

audrey said...

Oh how sweet! Those blocks are wonderful looking together. Love them with the bit of green and without too. It will be hard for you to decide!

laurajane said...

Beauiul blocks.Have fun deciding on with or without Sashing
X

Deb A said...

Love it - looks like circles without the sashing. Could just add a few borders to get it to the size you want. Love the outer print.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen
So cute! Will look lovely which ever way you decide to go! Love sis