Saturday, July 13, 2013

Baby Tina's Quilt


I wish you could see this little 'quilt-in-the-making' in person because it is just so adorable! I planned on using the pink with green dot fabric for the backing but it was not wide enough so I added a strip of the border fabric down the center.

I didn't want to cut into a large piece of batting so I pieced together one wide scrap piece with two narrower strips down the sides to make it big enough. This is the first time I have pieced my batting and I simply overlapped the edges a bit and just sewed it with a straight stitch. I think it turned out just fine - I had no trouble quilting over it at all.

Originally, I wanted to quilt it with double loops but, boy oh boy, I just couldn't do it well. I gave it the old college try but gave up after trying twice and ripping out both times - so single loops it is!


4 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful little quilt! I'm sure you will have the double loop down in no time at all, but the singles look just adorable. It is amazing how fast you are finishing up quilts -- so much easier with the right equipment.

Peg said...

Been watching this one lately, love the closeups - what wonderful fabric! And perfect borders!

laurajane said...

It's a beautiful quilt,I love the muted colours.x

audrey said...

Such a happy quilt! You backing looks wonderful too. You pieced you batting the same way I do except I often go back and add another straight stitch right at the very edge of my binding so it doesn't flip up on me. Seems to work fine though!