Monday, July 8, 2013

Baby Girl Quilt

The flower fabric is for the border.
I need to make a baby girl quilt and I think I have most of it figured out now. I pulled some fabrics from my stash - pretty pink, green, purple and white.

Once I decided on my design I realized that the purple wasn't going to work for me so I had to set it aside.

I am really happy with the fabrics that I have chosen and I think my design is going to make a very pretty quilt. My fabrics are not exactly as shown in the design so I may need to change things a bit to suit my fabrics.

This is the block that I am using for the quilt - the alternate blocks are turned sideways. I sewed 1.5" strips together and I cut them into triangles using my Easy Angle companion ruler. The sashing in my design is the solid pink with solid green cornerstones but there may not be enough difference in the shade of pink that is being used in the blocks. I will have to check my stash for a darker pink or I could potentially use the border fabric for the sashing instead or even the green solid. I will have to make a decision on that later. I have sewn one block together as a test and it looks great!

5 comments:

Deb A said...

Very pretty and a great idea to use that ruler to cut it out that way. I'll have to remember that. Hope the car has recovered.

Sheila said...

Oh my, Ellen. This is going to be a great quilt. I didn't know I could do that with my easy angle ruler!
Glad to hear your car is repaired.

Quilter Kathy said...

How about green sashing and purple cornerstones?
Have fun!

Peg said...

Oh, that is going to be lovely. I'm waiting on word of the sex of an expected baby to start a quilt, can't wait to get going and you've inspired me even more!

Brenda said...

LOVE THIS!!! I had to come here to see if you told how you did it, and yes!! you did!! Love this quilt and love it`s name!! Oh my, this is just sooooo cute!!!!!!!