Saturday, July 13, 2013

An Easy Going Day

I made some really pretty 9 patch blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today. The colour this month is teal or aqua but I also squeezed in some peacock blue. I really do have quite a bit of scraps in those colours because of this quilt top that I recently worked on for my niece Amanda.

Today was also a day to spend some time tidying up my sewing room and also my dining room. I need to use my dining room table to iron and cut bigger pieces of fabric and to trim quilts, etc., so my mess does get spread around! I puttered around my sewing room and I cut up some fabric scraps that were hanging around. I even got some fabric ironed that had been purchased over the last couple weeks. I am very good at getting it washed but I always seem to take forever to get it ironed and put away so that it is ready to use.

Tonight I plan on working on hand stitching the binding on Tina's baby quilt while hanging out with my husband and watching a movie together. A pretty perfect day if you ask me.

9 comments:

katie z. said...

I love your nine-patches!

Karen said...

Very pretty teal fabrics. Great blocks.

Julie in GA said...

Beautiful teal 9-patches!

Sheila said...

Love your beautiful 9 patch blocks.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great little 9 patch blocks. I love the teal and blues.

Kelli said...

Sounds pretty perfect to me! :) Love your 9 patches, Ellen!

Deb A said...

Such pretty nine patches. Enjoy sewing the binding down. That is my favorite part.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Enjoy the binding :)

make.share.give said...

Very pretty! Cool and summery.