Friday, June 28, 2013

Tranquility is a Flimsy!

It took me a little longer than I thought it would for me to sew the blocks into a finished top but I did it. I just love this top and I can't wait to turn it into a finished quilt. The colours are gorgeous in person and I just want to keep looking at it and not just that, I want to keep looking deep into it - it really does give a very tranquil feeling.  The quilt is fairly big approx 80 x 96 and my husband and son are holding it sideways for the picture.

My niece Amanda wants to pick out her own backing but she lives in Winnipeg. She will be coming to visit her family sometime this summer and I would guess that she will pick it out during her visit. I can't remember for certain but I don't think she will be coming until August. In any event, everything is ready and waiting for her.

Normally, when I sew blocks together that require a lot of matching, I pin the blocks together to help me match the seams but this time I decided to live a little on the wild side and I just aligned the seams and points as I went. It is not perfect but I did a pretty good job. Probably just as well as if I had spent all that time pinning/unpinning.

9 comments:

Deb A said...

Just stunning Ellen! I don't bother pinning either, just match as best as I can as I go.

scraphappy said...

What a fabulous look. It does make me feel tranquil. Congratulations on getting all those blocks put together -- it is a HUGE quilt.

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a beautiful quilt!
Love,love how it turned out!
Such a great accomplishment - congratulations!

Grit said...

So, so beautiful.
Grit

audrey said...

Great job. It's a fantastic quilt top!

Julie in GA said...

Wow, that's a ton of triangles.
It is absolutely gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Gorgeous! I cannot wait to see it in person. Love sis

laurajane said...

Absolutely gorgeous.x

Pam said...

AWESOME quilt!!!