Sunday, June 16, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching - Hand Quilting

The hoop is slowly changing position on the quilt!
I really have not made as much progress on hand quilting this Seven Sisters quilt as I had thought I would but that doesn't really matter. The point is that I am still enjoying working on it even if it does take me twice as long as I intended.

Today is a day that I really do need to take some time to slow down and have a bit of a rest and that means that it is a perfect day to spend sitting on the couch, watching TV and doing some relaxing hand quilting.

The only other things on my agenda for today are to give the dogs a bath and brush them, make brunch and dinner and do the clean up after both meals - and I just might get dressed too!

Are you working on any Slow Sunday Stitching projects? Pop on over to Kathy's Quilts to link up and to see what other projects are getting done today!

6 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love your attitude when it comes to hand quilting. HOpe you have a wonderful afternoon stitching.

scraphappy said...

It is always a good day when getting dressed is optional. Your handquilting is looking great. I am constantly amazed at how long it takes. As long as the process is relaxing though, the end result is just a bonus.

Deb A said...

As long as you still enjoy the stitching. I wish getting dressed was optional for me. Have a great day Ellen.

Cathy said...

Looks like Baptist Fans???? Lovely stitching. I can only wish to someday have such even stitches. I have to practice with perle #8 and bigger stitches before I go back to trying regular quilting thread again!

Quilter Kathy said...

So happy to see the stars are getting some attention :)
Enjoy every stitch!
Thanks for linking up!

audrey said...

Ahh, the hand quilting. So glad you are making some progress. I picked mine up again the other day after life totally got in the way. Nothing like stitching away at a quilt in the hoop.:)