Saturday, June 15, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Yellow











I fell off the RSC wagon but I hope to get right back on it this month. I have made four more yellow 9 patches to add to the eight that I made last year. They really are so quick and easy to make and I think a rainbow quilt made from these blocks will make an amazing donation quilt for someone.

I also got caught up with my basket blocks and this week I have sixteen yellow baskets to share as well. I have also added two more blue baskets. When I made the blue baskets earlier I didn't notice that I had left two partially finished at my sewing machine. I still don't have a plan for these blocks and with no deadline in sight, they really are perfect to make for the challenge. I think they are so cute! They will finish at 4" so it will take a ton of these little blocks to make a quilt - it is definitely a very long term project.

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by Angela of soscrappy. Drop on by to see what great projects are being made with scraps.

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Yay for yellow! Great catching up. Both of your blocks will make great quilts by the end of the year.

Julie in GA said...

Great looking blocks! I love your tiny baskets.

Julierose said...

I love those yellow nine patches--I like the way they look like a box! Really nice...Julierose

Deb A said...

Yikes - I did not realize they finish at 4 inches! Teeny tiny! See - you have been doing tiny Tuesday blocks.
Beautiful baskets and love your 9 patches with the white in the middle.

Sarah said...

Wow they are real tinies!! Look nice though. Well done for getting back on the wagon!

Edith said...

I really like the look of the nine-patch and I'm very impressed with the 4" baskets.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

4"!! Wow, those are some teeny HSTs... they are just beautiful. I'm so partial to 9 patches and I like yours with the white center.

Karen said...

Awesome yellow blocks. I love the basket blocks.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful yellow blocks!

audrey said...

I just adore your little basket blocks and of course I am partial to yellow! Thanks for sharing.:)

Sheila said...

Beautiful yellow fabrics. Love all your happy little blocks.