Sunday, June 23, 2013

Quick Progress - Seven Sisters Quilt

Hard to tell from the picture but I am making progress!
I have made great progress on my hand quilting this week. I completed one full row and have almost got a second row done. That is just amazing in my books. Generally, I have been waiting until evening to do my hand quilting and honestly I am often just too tired to have a go at it so there is often no progress being made at all.

I am a very early riser and most days I am up before 6 am. My house is very quiet in the mornings and I want to do some quilting of sorts but I don't want to disturb anyone. So this week I picked up my Seven Sisters quilt and worked on it in the early mornings and I think I have found a routine that works for me - at least for this week. I hope I can keep this new routine going!

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts - Slow Stitching Sunday. Pop on by to check out other hand stitched projects.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a perfect routine...best way to start the day!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Kate said...

It's amazing what you can get done in just a few minutes if you can squeeze them in. Good luck with your new routine.

Deb A said...

Great job Ellen! It is amazing how much can get done in those stolen moments of time.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Ellen, that is what I did when I worked on my king size double irish chain. Somedays, I was motivated enough to do early mornings and some more stitching in the evenings. It is amazing what you can get done in a hour here or there. Can't wait to see it completed!

Rose said...

Your quilt is beautiful! The Seven Sisters pattern is one I have on my list of to-do's. I usually quilt in the evenings, but with so much to do in the yard now that nice weather is here I also am too tired in the evenings. But I try to squeeze in 10 or 15 minutes here and there.

audrey said...

I think that's the key to getting any hand work done. It's finding the perfect slot in your normal routine that doesn't take away, but feels right. Congrats on making such good progress. That always feels super good.