Sunday, June 2, 2013

Linked is Finished!

I finished hand stitching the binding down and sewing in my thread ends this morning while watching movies on television.  My puppies were on the couch with me holding down the quilt so that it couldn't get away - they are so helpful!

This quilt was made using the Crossroad Block and I love how it has turned out. It was such a simple block to make and looks so good! It finished at  63" x 72" and was quilted using a cream So Fine thread. I am pretty sure my friend Evelyn is going to really like it too. This is the final quilt that I have quilted using my Janome 1600 and Grace frame. I have quilted so many wonderful quilts on that system since I purchased it in November 2011 but the time has come to move on and I have purchased a new set-up.

I am linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching hosted by Kathy of Kathy's Quilts. Kathy has asked how we organize ourselves to get our hand work done and I have to say that I will be reading the comments to get some good hints and tips. I am sadly lacking in the organization department even though I know that if I spend time getting things prepped ahead of time I would certainly get a lot more done.

9 comments:

Manuela said...

Congratulation.
The Quilt is wonderful.

Greetings, Manuela

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt! Congrats on the finish.

Sheila said...

Congratulations. Another finish : )
Feels good. I like the Crossroads block. I've made 5 blocks and think there will be a Crossroads quilt sometime in my future.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such a beautiful finish! Congratulations!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your tip is to have adorable furry quilt assistants/holders to keep everything in
place while you work! So cute!
Thanks for linking up!

audrey said...

Congrats on a great finish for you!

Peg said...

Great quilt! Love the colors. Where did you find that block pattern?

scraphappy said...

Great quilt. Enjoy your new quilting set up.

Deb A said...

Beautiful finish! Looking forward to seeing the new setup.