Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hello Tranquility

The final 30 blocks
It has been quite some time since I have worked on this quilt - since January. My, my where does the time go? I pulled the bin containing the partially made blocks off the shelf and got busy with it yesterday. The last time I posted about this quilt I had 67 blocks made but when I took it off the shelf I only found 63 blocks. I got 27 blocks made yesterday and I added another 30 today. I am sure that the missing blocks will turn up now. Doesn't that always happen after you remake them? Sewing these blocks together was quite a speedy process. I didn't really pay too much attention to the fabric placement other than I tried to not have any of the same side-by-side. I love, love the colour combination that my niece Amanda has chosen!
Last grouping of hourglass blocks

It didn't take long to sew them into pairs
I plan to work on it some more today and maybe I just might get the whole top sewn together. Hopefully, nothing comes up that I must take care of now that I am on a roll with this quilt. I already have everything ready for dinner because I had been on a cooking binge over the past few days and we are going to have roast beef sandwiches au jus along with a salad. I made the roast the other day and the crusty bread yesterday so it just needs to be turned into sandwiches and I will leave it to my husband to put a salad together. It sounds like a great plan to me!

8 comments:

Grit said...

Traumhaft schön !!!
LG Grit

Deb A said...

Love the colors and dinner sounds great! Enjoy

audrey said...

How nice for you that you already have dinner figured out. More time for quilting! Your quilt is looking great. Love all that gorgeous blue!

laurajane said...

Love the colours for your quilt,and dinner sounds good.x

Julierose said...

This will be a gorgeous piece! Love those colors--hugs, Julierose

Aunt 'Reen said...

This quilt is turning out really gorgeous! I love your fabric combination - awesome!

katie z. said...

Very beautiful! Those are my favorite colors.

Sheila said...

Love those colors. Will be a lovely quilt.