Friday, June 14, 2013

Facing the Music....errrr the Math

I did it! I finally faced the math for the borders on my Stars & Nines quilt and I eventually got it right. This is the first time that I have had to make a pieced border fit a quilt top and I wasn't too sure of the process. I did need to do just a bit of trimming of the blue polka dot inner side borders but after that everything went together really well. It's funny how small molehills become such large mountains and they seem to stop us in our tracks! It really wasn't difficult at all and now I know that I can do it.

I am very happy with the way it looks now but I am not finished with the borders yet. I think it needs to have another round of the blue polka dot fabric and then maybe another one of the dark blue.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Really love your Stars & Nines. Norman will really love this quilt! Great job on the borders they are so cute! Love sis

Deb A said...

What a stunning quilt Ellen. Great job on figuring out the math borders. They look great. It is so true - all those things we keep putting off since it seems so difficult seem to turn out easier than we think they would be once we just do them.....

scraphappy said...

Lovely quilt! It really deserves the extra time for the multiple borders. It will be stunning when you finish.

Peg said...

It's lovely, and will be even lovelier with the added borders. Congrats on figuring out that math!

Cathy said...

Wow! Fabulous quilt! You did a great job! Good for you on the math. it sure was worth it.

audrey said...

Oh wow! Your border makes the whole quilt shine. Love your progress! The math is pretty scary at first, but it's JUST a formula, haha.:)

Linda said...

What a beautiful quilt! Just stunning. Your pieced border is perfect.

Grit said...

Wow, so, so fantastic !!!!
Grit

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Stunning!