Sunday, June 30, 2013

Donation Quilt for Project Linus

Today is the Slow Stitching Sunday link up at Kathy's Quilts and I wanted to participate but honestly I didn't want to show my yellow paisley Seven Sisters quilt again. I have almost got another row quilted and I plan on working on it some more today. It might be exciting for me to work on it because it is a special project but to keep showing row after row of Baptist Fans just doesn't give much eye candy for anyone else! 

So, instead I worked on sewing the binding onto my latest donation quilt. This quilt top is one that I sewed together really quickly so that I could use it as a test quilt when I was trying out the Millennium that I ultimately purchased.

I started working on the binding this morning while I watched TV - an episode of Criminal Minds and multiple episodes of Paranormal Witness with a break to make a pancake brunch for the family...and tada....it is all done.

This quilt finished at 46" x 54" and that puts it in the toddler category for a Project Linus quilt although it isn't really toddler themed. I am pretty sure that the charity will make sure it will suit the person that receives it.

I quilted it in a free hand loopy loop meander and I think it turned out pretty well.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You were fast at the binding...you're supposed to be SLOW stitching! LOL :)
What a great quilt...the quilting looks amazing for a trial run!

Peg said...

Very, very pretty! Great quilting!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

You did a great job quilting on machine for first time. Really pretty for someone special. Love sis