Saturday, June 22, 2013

Boy's Britches Blocks...Again!

Well, I have finally caught up with these blocks and have made them in all of the colours for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge so far. With the addition of the yellow, blue and second set of green blocks this month I think I have the makings for a pretty nice quilt top. It was a lot of work for me to make these blocks because they are just so darn challenging and honestly, they really are all quite imperfect. I think it will be another challenge to sew them all together and to get them all to lay flat. I think I have overdosed on making so many over the past few days that I am just about ready to say that I am done with them. I won't start sewing them together into a quilt top for a while though, just in case I do decide to carry on with them next month. I just might see things differently after I take a bit of a break from them. I want to show a picture of all of them together but since I have rearranged my sewing room I just don't have the wall space for a big design wall. I do need to figure out a solution to that soon but that is a problem for another day.

Hop on over to soscrappy's blog to see what other participants have made with their yellow scraps this week.

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

It is a very challenging block. All those set in seams have got to be tricky to get just right. Still, it is amazing how things look so much better when they are all sewn together into a quilt. Some of the most pitiful blocks I have made seem just fine as finished quilts.

katie z. said...

Your blocks look quite nice together!

Quilter Kathy said...

You love a challenge, eh? This block was really tricky for me! The blocks look fantastic, so I hope your enjoyment of the challenge is renewed to continue next month!

Edith said...

These blocks are really cute, perhaps after a months break you'll be ready to try them in another colour.

Angie said...

Hope you'll keep going - the blocks (and secondary pattern) really look wonderful!

sara said...

Beautiful blocks!!

Grit said...

Fantastic.
I can`t wait to see all together.
Grit

Faye said...

These blocks are really striking. The quilt is going to be fabulous!

KatieQ said...

You really did choose a challenging block, but they look great. It's going to make a beautiful quilt.

Cathy Tomm said...

They are looking so good. Keep them up this quilt will be so worth it.

Sheila said...

They do look difficult. But cute! Feels good to be caught up. Wonder what color Angela will chose for July.

Deb A said...

They look beautiful to me! Great job on catching up this week on your blocks.