Sunday, May 19, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching

I want to finish this row before I go to bed tonight.
It was another sleepless night and in the wee hours this morning I could be found in the living room on the couch watching TV and hand quilting my Seven Sisters quilt. I am making very slow but steady progress and I am enjoying taking every stitch. I guess it could still be considered Slow Sunday Stitching even if it wasn't during daylight hours! Thank goodness I have a wonderful floor lamp that simulates daylight and it allows me to hand sew during the darker hours. My husband gave me the lamp as a gift several years ago but I think he uses it just as much as I do, maybe even more.

I still need to tuck in the thread tails.
Later today I plan to start hand stitching the binding on my Linked quilt. I had intended to give it my friend Evelyn a couple weeks ago but things didn't go as planned. I did get as far as sewing the binding to the front and adding the label, so after a few binding sessions I should have it done and ready to go to it's new home.

I am linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

10 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Great progress on both projects...way to go!
Hope you get some great stitching time today and some great sleeping time tonight!

Julierose said...

Seven Sisters is a lovely piece. I like the linked also...your friend should really love it!! Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love your seven sisters and love seeing babtist fans used for the quilting. Glad you are making progress, hope you get a good nights sleep.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Both look great. Slow Stitching is slow stitching....day or night....:)

Jeanne said...

Such a great quilt! I hope the green blocks can be saved.

Deb A said...

Both are beautiful. Wishing you a full nights sleep tonight.

Rose said...

I love the Seven Sisters block! Wishing you a good nights sleep tonight--sweet dreams.

audrey said...

Glad you're enjoying every stitch of your hand quilting! I usually find it extremely relaxing.:)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love the seven sisters! Baptist fans are such a wonderful quilting pattern. Linked is really quite a lovely quilt and she will just love it. Love sis

Aunt 'Reen said...

I think your Seven Sister's quilt is fabulous! I am very fond of your fabric choices for this quilt too! Your linked In quilt is going to make such a beautiful (and very special) gift!