Monday, May 13, 2013

Hand Quilting on Mother's Day

I had a wonderful day yesterday - very relaxing and stress free! I did some hand quilting on my Seven Sisters quilt and I am making slow but steady progress. I am not as far along with the hand quilting as I had hoped to be because my right hand and particularly my thumb start to hurt after a while. I really just took it easy for the whole day and enjoyed every moment. All of my meals were made for me and quite honestly I think I could really get used to that! I am still not able to use my sewing machines because my sewing room is a disaster area. I am hoping that things will get put into order today so that I can get back into it. I have been itching to work on a few things but I just can't access them right now.

Peanut outside wondering 'what's happening?'
Yesterday's weather was something else - I live in a town in the northern part of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) so definitely not 'up north' but look what we got yesterday.

We had rain, snow, hail, freezing rain, winds, freezing temps - the whole shebang. I just hope that the fruit trees didn't take a beating and that they will still produce fruit. We have not really had any fruit on our plum, peach and pear
Pear tree in bloom and snow on the roof!
trees for the past two years because we got freezing weather while they were still in bloom. We thought this year would be different but after yesterday I am not so sure.

2 comments:

audrey said...

The best kind of day.:)

Deb A said...

sounds like a perfect day! Bummer on the weather... if it makes you feel any better it said 39 degrees at my house in Florida this morning... but it is warming up in to the 80's by late afternoon.