Thursday, May 16, 2013

Green Boy's Britches


I have been making these blocks as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each month but I didn't get these finished in time for the end of April. Better late than never! Green finished at the end of April and blue started in May so I am going to try to have something ready in blue for tomorrow.

I have a big problem with these green blocks that I didn't notice until I was finished making them. They have turned out bigger than all of the previous blocks. I have changed sewing machines and I thought I had set it up correctly for a 1/4 inch seam allowance but apparently not...boohoo. I will leave them for now and decide later whether I can just trim them down or if I will have to remake them. I am so hoping that I can just trim them but I don't want to ruin the overall effect of the blocks joined together.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

They look fantastic in the photo Ellen!
I love this project!

Grit said...

This project looks so fantastic. I love it.
Grit from Germany

laurajane said...

Looks wonderful, re do them Ellen,you will never be happy with them if you don't.xx

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Wow! Just love these Boy Britches Blocks. This quilt will be amazing when it is completed. Wonderful Ellen! Love sis

Deb A said...

They look so great together! Bummer on the different sizes. Hope you can come up with a solution that works for you.

Scrapatches said...

This block pattern is wonderful for the RSC! I had to look close to see the size difference in the green blocks. If you cannot make them fit, maybe you can use these black for a pretty tablerunner. Looking forward to seeing more of your quilt ... :) Pat