Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Already


Extreme Close Up
Where did the week go? Since I finished marking the Seven Sisters quilt I have been hand quilting almost every evening and I have just about got the first row quilted. I plan to spend my evenings watching movies and quilting as often as I can but I don't know if I am going to meet my self-imposed deadline. By my calculations I won't get this quilted for 4 months unless I can somehow pick up some speed - I just may be a dawdler when it comes to hand quilting. I will just do my best and enjoy it while I am doing it! I have about 4 more Baptist Fans to quilt in the first row and I am going to do my best to get 'er done tonight. I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts - Slow Sunday Stitching.

I had a fairly productive day today although I haven't done much sewing. I did make some decisions and sometimes that is the biggest challenge. I have decided which fabric I will use to back the Engineer's Wife quilt as well as Linked. I washed and dried the fabric today and I hope to get it ironed and sewn into backings by next weekend. I also made my decision on the borders for the Engineer's Wife and I just need to cut the fabric and sew on the borders - hopefully I will get that done over the next couple days.

I did do a wee bit of string piecing as well and I have made some more Priscilla Star points - loving it!


8 comments:

audrey said...

I agree, the decision making part is often the toughest part! Great progress on your hand quilting, and your string work looks very fun.:)

Kelli said...

Hand quilting takes lots of time.. and patience! :) Seems like you're doing a great job of it. And I love your Priscilla Star points, Ellen! xo

Quilter Kathy said...

Seems you are making great progress if you have already almost finished a row! Thanks for linking up!

libbyquilter said...

love seeing your hand quilting stitches. hang in there it will be done before you know it.

wonderfully fun blocks too~!

:-)
libbyQ

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I am looking forward to seeing both of the Engineer Wife quilts! Quilting your Seven Sisters quilt seems to be moving along quite well. You know I love those Priscilla blocks- they are wonderful! Love sis

Julierose said...

Your hand quilting is lovely; there is nothing quite like hand quilting--enjoy it!! Julierose

laurajane said...

Well I think you are amazing to even do hand quilting.
Keep going you are doing a great job.xx

Crispy said...

Hand quilting always seems to take so long, but I really think you will meet your goal :0)

Crispy