Saturday, April 6, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Green Nine Patches

 
We have started a new month and a new colour challenge. The colour for the month of April is green and luckily for me I have lots of green scraps. I took out my bins of 2.5" scrappy squares and pulled out a wide variety of green squares for my 9 patches.

I got a little carried away and pulled out way more squares than I needed. I only needed to make four 9 patches to add to the blocks that I made last year, so the excess squares went back into the bin for another time.

I have had several ideas about what to use as leader/enders and finally have decided to start sewing together 2" squares. This month I will do green/neutral and it will be interesting to see how full this basket gets by the end of the month. I am not sure where these leader/ender blocks will take me because at this point they could become 4 patches or 9 patches or ??, but I am pretty sure they will get used in a future scrap quilt. I only began making them over the past couple days and I already have a good start.

Pop on over to soscrappy's to check out all of the links where you can see what other participants have made with their green scraps this week.

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Pretty nine patches. I just love that white block in the middle. Great idea to sew 2 inch squares..... you never know where they will take you!

scraphappy said...

Those leaders and Enders do build up in a hurry. It is always nice to have a background project going on.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your green patches will look lovely with all the other coloured patches you have made so far. Can wait to see this quilt when it is finished. Love sis

Angie said...

Looks like you have lots of darker greens - like I do. Love your 9 patches and perusing all your green fabrics!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your green 9 patches are really pretty. Such a great block!

Crispy said...

Another great project. Love the background fabric :0)

Crispy

Sheila said...

Pretty green nine patches. I need to start a leader/enders project. May copy you one this one :D