Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Midget Block #76 - White House Steps



I removed the papers after I took the photo.
I wanted to make and post a midget block but I needed to work on one that was not going to be too difficult or time consuming and this one was just right! I paper pieced the segments together and once I got to that point I removed the papers.

I put a little crease in the center of the white fabric and just aligned the pieces together using the crease as my guide. I am a little off on some of the pieces but I have no problem with that.
I pressed the seams for each section in opposite directions.
I had originally planned on making a different block that needed piecing and applique but I went to Toronto yesterday and spent the day with my Mom and sisters, Cheryl and Christine, so I just did not leave enough time for me to make it. If I can get myself together it just might show up next week.

5 comments:

laurajane said...

Great block,love the colours you have chosen.x

scraphappy said...

Oh, I like the colors you chose for this one. So springlike. I have started removing the papers before I put subunits together lately and I like the results much better.

Deb A said...

Such pretty colors. Great job on the pp block. I have taken off the papers when doing hand piecing on it but might have to try this method with my next one. I think I have a couple of applique ones up next.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I too love the colours of fabric that you chose! So fresh looking. The little block is such a pretty design! Really like this one! Love sis

Crispy said...

Oooo a very pretty block. I love the fabrics.

Crispy