Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Midget Block #75 - May Flower

Never perfect but always fun!

I had prepared this block for sewing a little while ago and over the past couple days I have picked it up and done a bit of hand stitching as time allowed. I finished it this morning and I am happy with the way it turned out.

Oops...somethings wrong with that sashing
I did have a little problem with the sashing strips - I think my block pieces ended up a little bigger for some reason and the sashing pieces that I had precut were too small. So I just went with it and recut some pieces to size. I sewed most of the block by hand but I did add the sashing by machine. April showers bring May flowers but today we are seeing flakes of snow.


6 comments:

laurajane said...

Wow ,what a gorgeous block,I've never seen anything like it.It looks very difficult though with those curves.
Laura. X

audrey said...

I can see why that one needs to be hand pieced! Very lovely design though. You make it look so easy!

Deb A said...

I keep skipping that one! Maybe I'll prep it for hand work this week. Love how your block came out. Very pretty.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love your little May Flower! The pink fabric is very pretty with the white. Looks like a really difficult block but it turned out beautiful! Love sis

Crispy said...

Oooo pretty block and the fabric is lovely. It's good that you just went with the flow and cut new strips, no sense worrying about the small stuff :0)

Crispy

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great job on your midget. I'm saving these, but that's as far as I've gotten.