Sunday, April 7, 2013

Engineer's Wife


Last night I finished sewing the Engineer's Wife top together and I really like it. I just need to add the borders which should be no problem because my original design has very simple borders. Please note, and this is very important, any mess or dirt that you may or may not see on the floor is purely a figment of your imagination. Someone really needs to put the vacuum cleaner to good use and I am way too busy having fun!

The problem is that I woke up this morning thinking about border designs and I just know it is because I didn't finish the quilt top until after midnight last night and then I went straight to bed with the quilt top on my mind. I will spend a bit of time playing around with border ideas today but I don't know if I will change from my first design. I do really like a nice tailored looking border for a man's quilt but I have pinwheels blowing around in my head.

9 comments:

scraphappy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It looks fabulous! Enjoy your borders, it will be a quilt before you know it.

Cathy said...

It looks so very very good. I think I agree with your original thought for the borders.. plain and tailored. Anything else would take away from the beauty of the center of the quilt instead of framing it and emphasizing it.

Julierose said...

This is gorgeous! You are obviously a terrific piecer (you don't even want to see just my seams!! Aaargh!!)I think a plain border or low texture print would be nice...Julierose

Manuela said...

Congratulation! The Top is fantastic.
The Sashing is perfect.

Greetings, Manuela

Crispy said...

WOW you little speed demon LOL. The quilt is wonderful. I think you should stick with your plain border idea....don't want any distractions from the body of the quilt IMHO :0)

Crispy

Frances said...

The sashing really makes the blocks work well together - it looks great!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Ellen, you sure have been busy! I agree about simple tailored borders, but there is nothing wrong with dreaming about pinwheels. Congratulations on a great quilt.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Love this quilt top! It looks fantastic! Love the colours and I look forward to seeing the borders that you choose! Love sis

Peg said...

Wow - what more can a person say?