Friday, April 19, 2013
Engineer's Wife Flimsy
Originally, I had made an error with the block size in my design so I still have enough blocks for a second quilt. I thought I could make twin quilts - one for my husband and one for me but I only have just under a half meter of the dark blue fabric left. That will not be enough to complete the second quilt and I cannot get anymore of that particular solid. Many of the extra blocks already have the inner frame of blue/neutral stitched on and I don't really want to take it off. I have set the extra blocks aside for the time being until I can make a decision on how I want to proceed. Hopefully, I can come up with an alternate fabric/idea quickly so that I can get it turned into a quilt that can be used. I think I might like to see a very small print that is blue and brown so I will have to keep an eye out for something whenever I go fabric shopping. I have also been toying with the idea of using a dark brown solid but I haven't done a test to see if I will like it or not. The backing and binding are made so the next step is quilting and I still have some time for that.