Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dear Jane - World Series (B-7)

This week I made the World Series block for my Dear Jane quilt. It is an applique block and I am satisfied with the way it turned out. I still need to work on aligning my applique pieces as well as those darn points. The good news is that I do see improvement every time I do applique. I don't think I will ever be an applique 'master' and fortunately that is not one of my goals - whew!


I used the center of the block as a template to help align the melon shapes and it did help. I did needle turn applique but I had to glue the inner side seam of the melons so that I had a reference for placement. In hindsight, I probably should have just traced the pattern from the book onto the background fabric.

The Frixion pens that I had used to mark the quilting design on my Seven Sisters quilt have become quite handy and I used one to mark the melons and the diamonds.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

I think this is beautiful--that blue background fabric is gorgeous! Julierose

audrey said...

Just think how good you'll be at it by the time you finish this quilt?:)

Crispy said...

I think the block came out great Ellen. Not an easy one to do :0)

Crispy

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I think your World Series Block looks great! Good job! Love your fabric choice. Love sis

scraphappy said...

Another lovely block. The appliqué looks great.