Sunday, March 31, 2013

Seven Sisters - Yellow Paisley

For the longest time this quilt top has been hanging around my sewing room and glaring at me because I have not been paying it any attention at all. I had been promising it that I would get the backing made so that I could quilt it and then I actually started to avoid looking at it because I knew it just wasn't going to happen. Well, I no longer have to avert my eyes when I enter my sewing room!

I am using a pretty green fabric for the backing and today I ironed the pieces and hand stitched them together. I had originally thought that I might try to baste it on the frame but instead I decided to thread baste it by hand. I am about one-third of the way through and maybe, just maybe, I might be able to get it finished tonight.

I do a lot of hand-stitching but for some reason it does not happen on a Sunday very often, but today I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts - Slow Sunday Stitching. I wish you all a very Happy Easter!!

7 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I am finishing up my two minis that have sat around for awhile. Sometimes all it takes is to get started.

scraphappy said...

Glad you are getting the basting done. Sometimes getting things prepped is the hardest part.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know exactly what you mean about avoiding eye contact with quilts that are "waiting"!! So glad to hear that this one is going to be quilted. Enjoy your stitching!

Crispy said...

Some things you just can't ignore forever and this beauty will be worth it when you are all done :0)

Crispy

Deb A said...

Green will be so pretty on the back. Mind taking a picture of how you are hand basting? I'd love ideas for how to do this properly. I did get some instruction once but pics are wonderful reminders. I need to try and baste a wall hanging so I can get it quilted sometime soon. Thanks.

audrey said...

So happy for you that your quilt can stop glaring at you now! hehe Love the pattern for this one. Very interested to see how you quilt it!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

So happy that you are looking at the seven sisters again! Really love the paisley fabric that you used in this quilt! Love sis