Saturday, March 30, 2013

RSC 2013 - Orange Boy's Britches


I started sewing these blocks together this morning and after several stops and starts I have them all done. I am getting so much better at matching and sewing the seams on these blocks - still not perfect but pretty darn good on a lot of them. I had cut out all of the pieces that I needed ahead of time from 3.5" orange strips that I took from my scrap bins so all I had to do was sew them together.

Here they are all together and I think it is looking really good. I am enjoying making these blocks in particular because they are a challenge for me and I am certainly learning new skills.

Hop on over to soscrappy's to see what other participants have been up to with their orange scraps this month. This is the last week for orange and I am sorry to see it go although I know there are others that are very glad to be done with it. I can't wait to see what colour will be coming for April!

15 comments:

pinsandneedles said...

I really like this block. Can you share the pattern? Love all the colors together...the black really makes the colors pop!

Quiltsmiles said...

Your Britches blocks look great with all those colors! Where did you find this pattern, it really looks great and Unique too! Jane

Julierose said...

These are amazing blocks--I've never seen that pattern before--nice work!! Julierose

audrey said...

That block looks very complicated to make come together properly! Love the colors you've put together for these blocks. Very cheerful!

Kelli said...

Wow I love the look of these blocks, Ellen! It's been too long since I stopped by to visit! :) Orange is one of my favorite colors, too.. They look amazing, as do the others. What a great block. I hope you have a Happy Easter! xoxo

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your Boy's Britches Blocks look amazing. I love the orange but wow do all the colours look fabulous together! This is going to be on of those very special quilts. Love sis

scraphappy said...

As much fun as each color is on its own, together they are a party!

Michelle said...

That is a neat block pattern!

Elly D said...

Your blocks look so good!!

Deb A said...

I love how these are coming out and they look amazing together. You are truly an artist Ellen.

Sheila said...

I love these blocks together!

Lori said...

I really like this block, and like how they look all put together! Orange--I like orange--its CHEERFUL!

Crispy said...

Oh wow I really love this quilt!! You have such a great eye for color :0) I love orange but have very little of it in my stash.

Crispy

Cathy Tomm said...

WOW. You are going to have a great quilt with this one. I love it.

Faye said...

This is such a striking pattern. gorgeous!