Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Week 2 - Orange Stars


I haven't spent very much time in my sewing room this week so I really had to get cracking today. I had cut out the pieces for these stars during the week but I didn't start sewing them together until yesterday. Some of these stars are quite high contrast and others not so much. The star that looks like it has disappeared doesn't look quite so low contrast in real life. I will keep it as it is because I do like a little variety - even in my stars.

Just as I was pressing them out I noticed this boo-boo. This is actually the second one that I made the same mistake with. I caught the other one earlier in the process.

Here is the group shot of all of my stars that I have made so far - pink, purple and now orange.

I plan to get back into my sewing room again this evening but I haven't decided yet which project will get some attention. Really, they all need some but unfortunately, even though I have more than one sewing machine there is only one of me. Some would say that is probably a good thing!

Hop on over to soscrappy's and check out the links and see what else has been made with orange scraps this week. There is always plenty of eye candy to check out.

16 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

I wonder if you created enough of those boo boos, you might have invented a new block. It could become the latest craze!

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love how your star project is coming along! I think the variety in contrasts makes it really interesting to look at.

Deb A said...

Love the different values and shades you have going on in your stars. It keeps the eye's moving.

Lesley said...

Your star blocks are so pretty with the variety of shades in the three colors. Wow!

Cathy Tomm said...

Good to know others make sewing boo boos. Love the orange starts. They all look so good together.

make.share.give said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manuela said...

Your scrappy stars are very beautiful.

Have a nice day, Manuela.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I love your scrappy stars! Can't wait to see all the colours together! This is going to be one beautiful quilt little sister!

Sarah said...

Beautiful stars. This is going to look great.

Faye said...

gorgeous stars. They all look great together!

scraphappy said...

Star blocks are a favorite of mine. Yours make such a great collection -- I like the way you mixed up positive and negative background colors -- it makes your stars sparkle.

Sheila said...

I love your orange stars. They twinkle.

Linda said...

OOh, I love your stars! Yes, we all do the boo boos, it keeps us humble...Your stars are looking great and I like all the different shades too.

Julierose said...

Those scrappy stars are lovely! Welcome to "mistake world" where I live, it seems...Julierose

katie z. said...

Your stars look fabulous together!

Sandra-Kay said...

Gee, Speedy star making, love that you shared you boo-boo with us.