Friday, March 29, 2013
Putting it Together - In More Ways Than One
When I started, I was pretty sure that I had more than enough fabric to sash all of the blocks and make a narrow border and binding as well. But, the fabric was disappearing quickly and I kept wondering 'what the heck is going on' - I am not going to have enough to make this quilt! So I rechecked my design and wow...what a dough-head!! The blocks in my design were smaller than the ones I was actually making, so now this quilt will only need 32 blocks - less than the 50 I had planned on and way less than the 67 I have made. I do want to use up all of the blocks so I think a second quilt will be in the making. One will be The Engineer's Wife and the other will be The Wife of the Engineer. I am not sure what the design will look like for the second quilt but if I do make them exactly the same I will have to go out and buy more solid blue fabric.