Monday, March 11, 2013

Indoor Play Day

It is a very wet, dull day today. It has been raining most of the day and I am happy to see that a lot of the snow has melted away. It may be dreary outside but I am feeling very happy about the weather because it means we really are getting closer to Spring. We do often get snow off and on right into April but it doesn't usually stay on the ground for too long.


Since it was such a miserable day outside it was perfect to stay inside and play around in my sewing room. I worked on a couple things and one of them was to make another Engineer's Wife block. This block was paper-pieced and it turned out pretty well. It is called This and That - only 9 more blocks to go.

I also fixed this cell phone case/holder for my husband. He wears his cell phone in a pouch on his belt and the one he has been using is very bulky and not too attractive. He wanted to switch to this slim version but when he put his phone in it the closure wouldn't work properly. So I added an extra row of Velcro and I think it will work perfectly for him. I tested it with my phone and it had no trouble staying closed. He will be very happy with me because he has been asking me to do this for a couple weeks.

3 comments:

Cath said...

Nothing like a good excuse to spend more time in the sewing room. The block is very eye catching. Is this a version of the Farmers Wife Quilt? I should really think of doing one since I am an Engineer's Wife, was an Engineer's Daughter and in a few years will be an Engineer's Mother.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Cheryl said...

Very cool to be able to top up where manufactures fail and save the expenditure.

Terry said...

What a pretty block!:0)