Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Engineer's Wife - I am So Excited!



Wow, I just cannot believe how energized I have become with working on this quilt. I guess just coming up with the layout that I like and that I am excited about did it. I lost quite a bit of my enthusiasm for making these blocks when I fell so far behind in the process and the sow-along was finished but my blocks still weren't done. I did persevere with making the blocks because I knew I wanted to make the quilt for my husband and boy I am so glad that I did.

Yesterday morning I started out with 18 blocks on my design wall and little pile of partially framed blocks. I did some more cutting and sewing and now I have this design wall full and I have started putting the blocks on my second design wall as well.

For the layout I have chosen, I only need 50 blocks but I did make 67 so....I will put the extra blocks on the back of the quilt. Today I plan to cut and sew the strips that I need to frame the last 15 blocks that will go on the front and then I will start cutting and adding the blue sashing. I love what is happening in my sewing room!

10 comments:

Peg said...

That is one beautiful quilt!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous! I clicked on the picture to see it bigger and all your blocks are excellent!!

Scrapatches said...

Great looking blocks. Gorgeous quilt in the making ... :-) Pat

Julierose said...

I love the framing on your blocks--lovely! Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I can see why your excited! This is going to be a great quilt.

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful layout you have designed for your quilt. Glad it has you motivated to get the top together.

Linda said...

This is going to be such a beautiful quilt. Great layout design!!

Manuela said...

It look's so fantastic.

Greetings, Manuela.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Wow! This is going to be one of those quilts that you just cannot take your eyes off of. A stunner of a quilt! John is a very luck man! Love sis

Crispy said...

I can hardly wait to see this one done, it's so dang pretty...I mean handsome as it's for your hubby :o)

Crispy