Sunday, February 3, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching

So far it has been a very lazy Sunday morning around here. I am relaxing and doing a bit of hand applique on a midget block and I am really enjoying working on it. I am doing needle turn and it seems to be working out for me. Once I am done with that I plan to work on binding my Jacob's Ladder quilt that I finished earlier this week. See my pretty scissors - my sister Cheryl gave them to me for Christmas.

I am really excited that I have finally got the Jacob's Ladder quilt almost to the finish line. I need to make the label and attach the binding by machine today and then I plan to spend the evening nice and cozy under the quilt while I hand stitch the binding to the back. As far as I am concerned hand sewing the binding to the quilt is one of the best parts of quilting. I slow down and take lots of time to admire the quilt as I bind it and I get to reflect on the process of making it. If I am making it for a specific recipient I think a lot about that person as well!

Drop by Kathy's Quilts to see who else has taken the time to slow down and work on hand stitching projects. There are always so many great things to see - check it out.

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Very pretty. Love the scissors. I am finding needle turn applique fun the more I do it.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Hello Ellen, What a delightful post and blog...I followed you from another and so enjoyed reading your past post.

I agree with you regarding hand stitching ----I also reflect and admire a project that I am working on and hope that the recipient will treasure it too!

I will visit you again, soon!

:) Carolyn

audrey said...

I agree that the binding is one of the best parts of quilting, for all the reasons you stated. That's why it's so hard for me to understand why I continually put it off! Waiting for the perfect moment I suppose.:)

scraphappy said...

I feel the same way about the binding part of making a quilt. Enjoy your needle turn.

Quilter Kathy said...

Exactly! I feel the same way! Hope you enjoyed your slow stitching today!

Cath said...

I love those scissors. I bought myself a pair which are mostly white. I cannot resist scissors.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Cathy said...

I like binding also for same reasons you do.

Your Jacob's Ladder quilt is very pretty. I love blue!

And, you sure have a lot of patience and must have good eyesight to be able to do such elegant minis.