Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Purple Week 1

I spent a little time going through my 2.5" square bins and strip bins and came up with a nice grouping of purple squares. I quickly stitched up these purple 9 patches this morning. Purple is such a rich and beautiful colour!


I added these four 9 patches to the eight that I made for RSC 2012 and I think I have a great group of blocks. They look like lots of fun to me - they remind me of purple bubblegum from my childhood. Drop by soscrappy's blog to see what other fun things were made with purple scraps this week.

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

Pretty purple blocks. Looks like you have a nice sized collection.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You do have a nice collection of purples!

Edith said...

Very nice purple nine patches, do you plan to make more purple, or add them to other coloured nine patches?

make.share.give said...

A bunch of cute little blocks!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I love your little purple blocks! I am so happy that they remind you of your childhood and purple gum! I loved purple gum too when I was young! You know that purple ton of gum or those purple thrills!
Love sis

Connie said...

Great blocks and you'll have enough for a quilt soon!!

Scrapatches said...

Lovely little nine patches ... always a good way to use up scraps. :)

Oh ... you are making a DJ quilt! I love these ... although so far I have not been brave enough to think I can actually make one. I shall have to come back to visit you often to follow your DJ journey.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment. I am really enjoying being a part of the RSC this year ... :) Pat

Cathy Tomm said...

Lovely little patches. All those scraps will make a great quilt.

Jeanne said...

Nice use of your purple scraps! My DD and DGD are both purple fans. They would love these.

Quilter Kathy said...

Yum...purple gum!

MyJourneyBack said...

Great purple blocks. It was nice to meet you. Enjoy sewing. I am too.
Blessings,
Sherry

Deb A said...

Such pretty purple blocks. I love the simple 9 patches - so versatile.