Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Midget Block #70 - Four Leaf Clover

I am so happy with the way this block turned out. Every time I make an applique block I can see how much I am improving my applique skills. I did needle turn applique on this block and although it does not have perfectly smooth and rounded edges I think I did a pretty darn good job!

This block was fun to  make, I hand sewed the petals into pairs and then appliqued them to the background squares. Once that was done, I machine sewed the four quadrants together. Multiple techniques in one block - gotta love it.


4 comments:

Frances said...

That is a lovely little block. I can see how these midget blocks become quite addictive.

Deb A said...

Beautiful job! I love your green/yellow combo. That was a fun block to make. I need to finish up the applique on mine so I can post it later tonight.

scraphappy said...

It is fun to figure out what combination of techniques will work best for each block. Looks like you chose well as your block turned out lovely.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your little four leaf clover looks like it turned out perfect! It looks amazing! Love sis